BBVA offers on its web site information related to its activities, products and services.
- (a) The information provided by BBVA should be considered by the user as a way of introduction, and may not be deemed a determining factor in any decision-making, with the Bank refusing to accept any liability for the use that may be shown to have been made of the same accordingly, and it is specifically to be understood that said information, governed by current regulations in Spain, is not designed for those users who proceed under other jurisdictions of Countries that demand compliance with other requirements for the provision, disclosure or dissemination of financial services and/or products.
- (b) BBVA reserves the right to update, modify or remove the information held on www.bbvaresearch.com, even being entitled to restrict or withdraw access to that information without prior notice. BBVA especially reserves the right to remove, restrict or withdraw access to its website whenever technical difficulties arise through events or circumstances beyond the control of BBVA which, in its opinion, compromise or remove the standard levels of security adopted for the proper operation of said website.
- (c) Under no circumstances may BBVA be held responsible for any loss, damage or harm of whatsoever nature that may arise through access to and use of the website, including, but not restricted to, those arising in data processing systems or those caused by the presence of computer viruses and/or attacks. Neither shall BBVA be liable for damage caused to users through the improper use of this website and, under no circumstances, through computer crashes and interruption, absence or failure of telecommunications systems.
- (d) BBVA may not be held responsible for the truthfulness, integrity or validity of the information that it has not generated itself and which is specified as pertaining to another source, nor of the content of other websites accessed by means of hyperlink or link from www.bbvaresearch.com, provided to the user as alternative sources of information, which shall be governed by the terms and conditions of use that are required for the purpose by the holders of said websites, whereby BBVA accepts no responsibility whatsoever regarding possible damages that may occur through the use of said information. Under no circumstances shall the aforementioned hyperlinks be considered as recommendation, endorsement or distribution on the part of BBVA of the information, products and/or services, or, in general, content pertaining to third parties, provided by them or disseminated by them in any way whatsoever.
- (e) BBVA accepts no responsibility for possible discrepancies which, being of a transitory nature, may arise between the version provided by its printed documents and the electronic version of the same published on its web pages.
- (f) The entirety of this website, in other words, the elements of which it comprises (texts, images, brands, logos, audio files, software files, combinations of colours), as well as the structure, selection and arrangement of its content, is protected by legislation on Intellectual and Industrial Property, and may not be used, reproduced, distributed, modified, publicly disclosed, conveyed or transformed or disseminated in any other way without express permission.
Access to this website does not grant users any right or ownership whatsoever over the rights of intellectual and/or industrial property protecting the content provided by this website.
BBVA reserves the right to take legal action as appropriate against those users who are in breach of or infringe rights of intellectual and/or industrial property.
This website collects statistical information about the user through a “cookie” which is stored on the user’s hard drive. This information in no way identifies, nor is it able to obtain personally-identifying information about the user, that is to say, it is totally anonymous.
The information collected will be used by the bank to learn more about the activities of visitors to the BBVA website, with the aim of improving and increasing the effectiveness of our online service.
To collect this information and process it statistically, BBVA uses the services of Omniture SiteCatalyst., which collects and stores this information using cookies (henceforth, “the procedures”) which intermediate directly between the user’s browser and the Omniture SiteCatalyst server. When the user connects to this website again, the aforementioned server will recognise the number stored in the cookie, and provide the associated anonymous information.
The procedures are managed and controlled exclusively by Omniture SiteCatalyst. If you wish to read the Omniture SiteCatalyst. privacy statement and cookies policy, you may do so at its website: http://www.omniture.com/en/privacy/policy
The user may deactivate cookies at any time by changing the browser preferences (consult browser instructions for more details). This deactivation will not impair the operation of the website or interfere with browser functions.
Personal data protection policy
At BBVA we guarantee the protection of our clients’ data. The Spanish Association of Electronic Commerce (AECE) seal of approval validates us as the first financial institution to subscribe to its Code of Ethics for Data Protection on the Internet. The website of BBVA, Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A., www.bbvaresearch.com, does not automatically recognise any information regarding the identity of the visitors to its webpage. For its online banking services, to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the transactions, it is necessary to identify and authenticate the user through access codes. In cases where the user requests information about services and products or wishes to make a complaint or report an incident, this is done by sending the appropriate form from the BBVA website, and personal details must be entered in order to receive information about the request, complaint or report.
All of this information is handled with total confidentiality, and is used exclusively for the ends for which it was provided, within the framework of the Organic Law on Personal Data Protection and any other regulations that may apply.
Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A. with registered office at la Plaza de San Nicolás, 4 48005 Bilbao (Vizcaya), telephone 94 487 60 00, contact email: email@example.com.
Details of entry in the trade register
BBVA is registered at the Vizcaya Trade Register, Volume 2,083, book 1,545 of section 3, folio 1, page number 14,741.
Administrative authorisation and governing body
BBVA is a bank subject to the supervision of the Bank of Spain and is registered in the Bank of Spain Administrative register under the number 0182.
Tax identification number