To check and/or configure cookie settings, click on ‘Privacy & Cookies Policy’ in the lower right-hand portion of the screen.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Any type of data storage and retrieval device on a user’s electronic device (e.g. computer, cell phone or tablet) used to store information and retrieve stored information.
The term cookies is used here in its broadest sense, including other similar technologies such as local shared objects or flash cookies, web beacons, bugs, etc. and the use of fingerprinting techniques, that is, to the techniques of taking digital fingerprints from a device.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
We use our own and third-party cookies for a variety of purposes, such as recognizing you as a user, obtaining information about your browsing habits, measuring and using statistics, customizing the way content is displayed, and improving the product or service offerings we show you.
The specific purposes of each cookie can be seen in the list of cookies when you access the Settings Panel
TYPE OF COOKIE.
Depending on the purpose of the cookie:
- Technical Cookies: Cookies that enable the user to browse the web page, platform or application and to use the available options or services, including those used by the editor to manage and operate the website and enable its functions and services, e.g. controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, remembering the elements in an order, completing the checkout process, managing payments, controlling fraud linked to the service’s security, asking to register for or participate in an event, counting visits to bill software licenses used in the service (website, platform or application), using security features while browsing, storing content to play videos or sound, enabling dynamic content (e.g. text/image loading animation) or sharing content on social media.
- Preferences or personalization cookies: These are the cookies that allow you to remember information for access to the service with certain features that can differentiate your experience from that of other users, such as the language, the number of results to display when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which you access the service or the region from which you access the service, etc.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: These are the cookies that allow the person responsible for them to track and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked, including the quantification of the impacts of the ads. Information gathered with this type of cookie is used to measure website, platform or application activity and then to make improvements based on the analysis of these data of service usage.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are the cookies that store information about the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the developing of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Depending on their duration, cookies may be:
- Session: These are types of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are typically used to store information that is only of interest to provide the service requested by the user at one time (for example, a list of purchased products) and they disappear after the session ends.
- Persistent: A type of cookie in which data continue to be stored in the electronic device and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the cookie owner, and can range from a few minutes to several years.
Depending on the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: These are the cookies that are sent to the user’s electronic device from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are those sent to the user’s electronic device from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that handles data obtained through the cookies. In the event that cookies are served from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies, if the third party uses them for its own purposes, such as the improvement of the services it provides or for the provision of services, for example, of an advertising nature, in favor of other entities.
The foregoing is true, except when cookies are necessary for browsing on the computer and/or for providing the service requested by the user (technical cookies). Technical cookies are exempt from compliance with the obligations set out in Article 22 of the LSSI of the duty to provide information and obtain consent (see definition of technical cookies).
The user can modify or revoke their consent at any time by setting the options in the Settings Panel. The user has permanent access to the Settings Panel via the link at the start of this Cookies Policy.
For third-party cookies, please note that revocation procedures are managed and controlled exclusively by each provider. To remove them, you can do so from the browser options or from the system offered by the third party itself. See the links we provide in order to do this in the Settings Panel.
In any event, the user may, at any time, allow, block or delete cookies and delete their browsing data (including cookies) from the browser installed on their electronic device. See your browser’s options and instructions to do this:
Disabling all cookies does not prevent browsing through the service.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Some cookies may involve the processing of personal data, i.e. when the user is identified by a name or email address that identifies the user (for example, as a registered user), through the IP address, or when unique identifiers are used to distinguish and track individual users (for example, advertising IDs).
To learn about personal data processing, please see our Personal Data Protection Policy here.
CHANGES TO THE COOKIES POLICY
This Cookies Policy may be altered at any given time whenever required by current legislation or whenever there is a change to the type of cookies used.